PACE Training for All is a two and a half day course taking place on:
March 6th, March 7th and March 21st 9th (half day, morning) 2023.
– PACE (Playful, Accepting, Curious, Empathy) is the core therapeutic, relational attitude of DDP (Dyadic Developmental Practice).
– This 15 hour course aligns with the Skilled Practitioner, NES National Trauma Training Programme. It is designed to offer both an understanding of the impact of relational trauma on all aspects of children and young people’s development and to offer practical strategies that will support postive emotional, social, educational and behavioural change.
– It is suitable for a range of practitioners working in educational, social work and health settings as well as for adoptive parents, foster carers and kinship carers
– The course can be delivered in person or online. Individual places can be purchased or organisations can commission PACE Training. The training is bespoke to the participants and can be followed- up by consultancy into practice.
More about the Trainers
The trainers are DDP Connects UK approved PACE Trainers. This means they have undertaken DDP Level 1 and Level 2 Training and are supervised and supported by a DDP Trainer. The Training Associates are professionals in either social work or education. They also have professional and/or personal experience of working with/caring for/teaching children who have experienced developmental trauma.
What are the course objectives?
– Theoretical knowledge into practice – attachment, intersubjectivity, developmental trauma, neuroscience
– Understanding secure, insecure and disorganised attachment
– Understanding why and how children and young people who have experienced realational trauma behave, think and feel
– Blocked Trust and Blocked Care
– The atttitude of PACE (Playful, Accepting, Curious and Empathic)
– Practical strategies to support positive change in living and learning.
There will be opportunities to practice the attitude of PACE and to consider how to provide behavioural support alongside PACE. Participants will come away with an increase in their knowledge, skills and confidence to be PACE-ful.